Implant Dentist in Coral Gables, FL
Tooth loss is frustrating, but it doesn’t have to last forever. Here in Coral Gables, Dr. Jose Bushdid enjoys bringing back both rejuvenated oral health and a brand-new sense of self-confidence to patients’ smiles with the help of implant dentistry services. This revolutionary option in the field of tooth replacement offers countless benefits, including renewed aesthetic value, incredible durability, long-lasting quality, and a sense of revitalized well-being. Better yet, Dr. Bushdid and his team have the training and experience necessary to handle every step of your treatment process here at Bushdid Smiles, resulting in a truly streamlined and comfortable experience. We can’t wait to get started!
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Anyone who is missing one or more teeth is a possible candidate for receiving dental implants. The state of your oral health plays an important role in determining whether or not the procedure is a viable treatment option, though. You’ll first need to attend a thorough oral exam with Dr. Bushdid, during which he’ll examine the current state of your remaining teeth and gums, as well as your bone density and quantity, with the use of 3D Cone Beam technology. There must be sufficient bone structure in the jaw so that the implant can be successfully placed. If there isn’t, you may require bone or soft tissue grafts before undergoing the implant procedure.
How does the dental implant process work?
After determining whether you’re a viable candidate for the process, Dr. Bushdid and his team will work together with you to plan an individualized schedule for your treatment. First, you’ll need to undergo a surgical procedure where the implant or implants will be placed. This allows them to fuse naturally with your jaw bone in order to create a strong foundation for your customized restorations. Then, you’ll need a period of time for the area to heal; this can take anywhere from several weeks to a few months, depending on your medical history, your bone density, and the type and number of implants placed. Following this, abutments will be added, which connect the implant to the new restoration. Then, all that’s left is for Dr. Bushdid to place your brand-new, beautiful restoration on top, effectively completing your new look!
Types of Implant Dentistry
Dental implants can be used in a variety of restorative cases to replenish a patient’s smile, including:
- Single Tooth – With the help of a customized crown, a single tooth implant can be used to replace one missing tooth. In addition to both looking and functioning like a natural part of your existing smile, single tooth implants are also beneficial in that they don’t sacrifice the health of neighboring tooth like more traditional tooth replacement treatment options. Your jawbone is also better preserved due to the integration of the new implant, or “root.”
- Hybrid Dentures – For patients who’ve lost a significant amount of teeth, this could be the more ideal treatment option to pursue. Hybrid dentures are referred to as such because they combine the valuable health and appearance benefits of dental implants with the sturdy, complete nature of dentures. With the help of four or more precisely placed implants, your new restoration will be designed, precisely fabricated, and anchored in a durable, near-permanent fashion. You’ll be amazed by how lifelike the result is!
- All-on-4 Dental Implant Technique – This technique is the latest trend in implant dentistry where you can have extractions, implants and a fixed prosthesis delivered all in one day!
Benefits of Implant Dentistry
Benefits of choosing implant dentistry include:
- Revitalizing oral health benefits. Unlike other tooth replacement options, implants replace the root of the tooth as well as the crown, which eliminates the threat of jawbone deterioration and even stimulates the growth of new, healthy tissue.
- Helping you retain a youthful appearance. Patients who experience jawbone deterioration often notice that their face begins to appear hunched and sunken over the years. Implants can bring back vitality to your look!
- Long-lasting durability. Implants are just as sturdy and stable as natural teeth, meaning that there’s no slippage to worry about.
- No inconvenient rules or requirements. You won’t have to make any changes to your diet or oral hygiene routine to accommodate implants. Instead, treat them like you would the rest of your smile!
- Impressive success rate. If cared for properly, most dental implants can last for a lifetime.
Contact the Coral Gables, FL office of Dr. Jose Bushdid today to schedule an implant consultation. Our team is dedicated to providing patients of all ages with the comprehensive, comfortable, and high-quality dental care they need to enjoy not only a great smile, but a great overall sense of wellness too. Your complete satisfaction is always our top priority.