Meet Coral Gables Dentist Dr. Bushdid
Dr. Jose A. Bushdid was born and raised here in sunny South Florida. He graduated from the University of Miami with a Bachelors degree in Biology. He went on to the University of Florida College of Dentistry (UFCD) where he received his Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.). He then completed a 1 year Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency at the University of Florida's clinic here in South Florida. He was clinical instructor at the UFCD clinic for years, where he taught residents the latest in cosmetic and neuromuscular dentistry.
Dr. Bushdid’s post graduate education includes:
- Occlusion Connections, where Dr. Clayton Chan, teaches the principles and application of Gneuromuscular Dentistry including Orthopedics and Orthodontics.
- Oral Design Miami, where Drs. Javier Vasquez, Mariano Rocabado and Peter Ferro teach the dynamic relationship between Craniocervical and Craniomandibular.
- Next Level Practice, where Gary Kadi and his team of facilitators, teach dental teams how to take their practice to the Next Level.
- Surgical Implant Placement for the General Dentist with Dr. Michael McCracken.
- Center for Occlusal Studies and Straight Wire Orthodontics Studies, where Dr. Jay Gerber teaches Neuromuscular TMJ treatment and Orthodontics.
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies (LVI), the first Post Graduate teaching institute to combine Neuromuscular and Cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Bushdid is known for his passion and love of dentistry. And now more than ever, due to all his years of training and experience, he states “There is nothing more rewarding than helping someone who has been suffering from debilitating pain for years, while giving them a beautiful smile that they are proud of in the process.”
Dr. Bushdid also realizes that most, if not all, of these debilitating TMJ symptoms can be avoided, if attention is taken to the proper development of the head and neck as we are growing. That’s the main reason Dr. Bushdid has now started seeing more children. A lot of these problems stem from undiagnosed obstructed airways in children, so one of the first things Dr. Bushdid looks for is enlarged tonsils and adenoids causing your toddlers to become mouth breathers.
Dr. Bushdid’s other passion are his family and friends. He is blessed to have loving and supportive parents and a sister, who have helped the practice grow in every way imaginable.
Dr. Bushdid recently started his own family. He is happy to come home every day to his beautiful wife, Lina, who happens to be a dentist as well, and their spunky and adorable, 8 year old daughter Sofia, along with their newest daughter Mia.
Throughout the years, Dr. Bushdid and his team at Bushdid Smiles have taken part in various events aimed toward making difference in the community. Some of the organizations whom they have helped include The Knights of Columbus, His House, Landmark Education and The South Florida Dental District Association, among others.