A chipped tooth is not always a serious dental condition unless the damage reaches the pulp chamber. However, that does not mean it is okay to ignore a chipped tooth simply because it is not causing pain. The most likely part of a tooth to be affected by a chip is the outer layer known as…
5 Common Dental Visit Issues
Looking for information on common dental visit issues? If you are currently experiencing one of more issues with your oral health, then finding out more about what is going on is a good idea. When there is something wrong with your teeth or gums, the sooner you find out why, the better. If you do not take care of any dental issues you are currently experiencing in a timely manner, then they will only continue to get worse. Since it is always easier to address dental issues in their beginning stages, continue reading to find out more information about common dental issues and how they can be remedied.
5 common dental visit issues
The following is a list of five of the more common dental visit issues people are experiencing today. These issues are for the most part completely preventable, as they tend to occur when someone is not practicing good dental hygiene. Current recommendations for good oral health include brushing the teeth at least twice a day, flossing at least once a day and seeing a dental professional on a regular basis.
- Cavities. Also known as tooth decay, a cavity is a hole in the tooth that can jeopardize the integrity of the tooth. A cavity will need to be treated as soon as possible in order to make the tooth strong once again
- Tooth sensitivity. When teeth are sensitive to hot or cold, it is a sign that a dental issue may be present According to the American Dental Association, sensitive teeth can happen for several reasons, including decay, gum disease, worn fillings, worn enamel, fractures and exposed roots
- Bad breath. Also known as halitosis, bad breath is a common issue that is often caused by food particles being stuck in between the teeth. Gently flossing at least once a day is required to remove any food particles that can hide and cause bad breath. Other reasons for bad breath include a mouth infection, dry mouth and illness
- Toothaches. A toothache can be mild or severe and can last for one day, for weeks or longer. When someone is experiencing a toothache, treatment may include antibiotics or a possible tooth extraction
- Gum disease. Also known as periodontal disease, gum disease comes in different stages, making it essential to combat this oral issue quickly and efficiently. If someone currently has plaque or tartar buildup on the teeth, a dental appointment is required as soon as possible to remove it
Need to make an appointment?
If you are currently experiencing one or more of the above dental issues and feel you need to make an appointment, we invite you to contact us now for a dental visit. We can schedule you an appointment at a time that is convenient for you. The sooner you can find out what is causing your dental issue, the sooner you can address it, which means you can once again be in good oral health. Talk to one of our dental health professionals today.
Request an appointment here: https://www.bushdidsmiles.com or call Bushdid Smiles at (305) 740-1443 for an appointment in our Coral Gables office.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Visit in Coral Gables, FL.
Those looking to straighten their teeth discreetly and fast can opt for the Invisalign® system. This teeth straightening treatment employs a set of clear aligner trays to correct teeth alignment and bite. Once the treatment starts, it is necessary to take proper care of the Invisalign trays to keep them in good shape.The following goes…
When looking into cosmetic dentistry treatment options, it is worth considering dental veneers. Dental veneers have grown in popularity for both cosmetic and restorative purposes. They are a versatile treatment option that can be used to improve the appearance of front teeth, as well as to restore them in the case of damage. Since dental…
There are many advantages to going to a complete health dentist, so now is a good time to schedule an appointment with one near you. You already know that regular visits to a dentist can help you avoid cavities and gum disease. The dentist can also show you ways to reduce your risk of other…